Follow me as I blog about all things London when I fly across the pond to study Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre during two weeks of intense training in the Globe Education Academy.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Lacock, and Bath - (new photos)

I wanted to post a few pictures from each of the places I visited today, but the internet is moving very slowly tonight so you'll have to settle for just one...

INSANE!!!

I'm going to try to post more pictures to this blog post if I have time tomorrow. 
G'night!!

Here's a few more shots of yesterday:

Windsor Castle - The Union flag was flying which means the Queen is not home.

 It's impossible to take a picture of the whole castle.  It's enormous! 

The beautiful and very OLD village of Lacock.  New cars of course.  Some of these houses and buildings are 1,000 years old!

The Bath Abbey in Bath.  The Roman Baths are right across the square from here.  I didn't get a chance to go in either place though.  The Abbey was closed and I didn't think I had enough time for the Baths.
There are angels climbing up ladders on the outside of this abbey because the king (can't remember which) that dreamed about building this place dreamed of angels climbing down ladders from Heaven.  Some of the angels are climbing down head first.

 

4 comments:

  1. You are really packing in full days- there is so much to see. By now you are probably back at the Globe and getting ready for the Midnight Matinee. How I wish I was there! Listen for the bells tolling midnight from St. Pauls. and be sure someone takes a picture of all the teachers on stage - I really want to see that! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is really enjoying all the pictures, looks amazing! Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures... videos... I've got it covered! :) We're on tonight. A few hours of rehearsal left. We got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, Corinne! I'm so glad you were able to see some of these amazing places - can't wait to see all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete