Follow me as I blog about all things London when I fly across the pond to study Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre during two weeks of intense training in the Globe Education Academy.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Out on the Town

Evening of July 11th

Ah dorm life!  I conked out shortly after I started reading this afternoon and was awakened around 7:00 pm by a fire alarm.  I was hoping to sleep through till morning but nothing says fun like evacuating after you’ve been up for a whole day.  I’m glad I got blasted out of bed though.

Outside at the gathering area across the street I met up with Tip, Richard, Tara, Christina, and Christina’s cousin James.  We decided to head out for a walk to explore instead of waiting with hundreds of kids to be let back in.



The River Thames is right here, a very short walk.  We walked across the Millenium Bridge to St. Paul’s Cathedral.  It’s a beautiful building.  From there we decided to check out a local pub where they had some really awesome Fish and Chips.  I also tried what is probably as close to beer as I'm going to try out here - Bulmers Cider.  It's pretty great. 


It was a lot of fun getting to hang out and get to know some of the people with which we will be spending two weeks.  We all feel really lucky to have this amazing opportunity.  Plus, we’re all having fun working on the accent.  It’s already starting to just come out on it’s own. 

Oh, and did I mention I did all of this in my jammies?  Lovin’ London! 

No comments:

Post a Comment