Follow me as I blog about all things London when I fly across the pond to study Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre during two weeks of intense training in the Globe Education Academy.

Friday, July 16, 2010

GEA - Day 4

Friday, July 15, 2010

We went to Gosden House School today.  Gosden House is in Surrey.  Children with learning difficulties like Autism and Down Syndrome attend this school.  The Globe and Gosden partner together to bring Shakespeare to students of all ages, year 1 on up (like Kindergarten or first grade).  We walked the grounds, which are beautiful and watched year 3 and year 10 students perform Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet, respectively.  What an amazing thing.  A lot of people assume that because children are, well, children and can't understand Shakespeare.  These children have learning difficulties and not only do they get it, they perform it and love it.  I was blown away.  It was really an inspiring morning.

When we got back to London, Tara and I ran around all over the place.  It think I need to leave that blog for later though.  It's really Friday right now as I'm writing about Thursday and I have already been in rehearsal for three hours and now need to go to Movement with Glynn. 

OH!  And I just walked past Duff from Ace of Cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Literally, he and I brushed arms walking past.  HEHEHEHEHEHEEE!!!!!!!

Okay, on to Movement!

1 comment:

  1. Just the train trip to Gosden House alone is beautiful. what a school....sounds like you are getting into it....on to this and that...and a second class with Glynn.
    You are a true Globe person by now!~ keep it coming....Joyce

    ReplyDelete