Follow me as I blog about all things London when I fly across the pond to study Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre during two weeks of intense training in the Globe Education Academy.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

GEA - Day 8

July 21, 2010

I have a little bit of a break right now so I thought I'd hop in to say HI!  We got to sleep in again this morning due to our late night performance that most of us are still reeling from.  I have to say, I could use a nap right now but we only have two sessions left and will be done at about 8:00 this evening.  This morning we met with Chris to talk about some of the logistical things that we need to consider when selecting our students for the Mondavi performance as well as reviewed many of the exercises and activities we've learned so far.  I was relieved to find out that we would be given a list of EVERYTHING we've done here.  There's just so much and we don't always have time to take good notes or review. 

After Chris, we met with Adam who will be coming to our schools in October to work with our students on their scenes for an hour or so.  Adam has a lot of energy and I can see why he gets to be the one to come out to work with our students.  He's a lot of fun.  Well, everyone we've worked with has been amazing.  I really can't say there was ever a session that left me feeling like it was a waste of time.  In fact, most sessions we didn't want to end.  I know that is going to be the case for the rest of our time here. 

You know what's funny?  As I'm typing and the words are being said in my brain, they are coming out with a British accent!  A random thought, I know, but many of us are picking up on the accent and the dialect.  We've noticed that swear words sound a lot more civilized when said with a British accent. 

I need to wrap this up to get on to our next session with Chris again.  Two times in one day!  Lucky lucky!!  After Chris, we will see Prof. Tony Howard to talk about Macbeth on Film.  I'm not sure what to expect there, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the pictures - you all look very happy and I bet you are glad the scenes are over. but wasn't that thrilling? And Dean Levine and Dr. Scott-Stillman saw you!
    time is running out in London so make the most of every minute. More pictures!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do it again! I wasn't nervous at all, which is really uncharacteristic of me, but that just goes to show you how supportive the staff and well, everyone has been here. AND, they prepared us very well!

    ReplyDelete